Best team of the day: Virginia Tech
Miami's comeback was spectacular, but they were a terrible team for the majority of that game. The Hokies came out and stifled Georgia Tech with a two-three zone and got the win they needed to keep their NCAA Tournament hopes alive.
Wost team of the day: Virginia
There were plenty of candidates for this honor, but the Cavaliers collapse in the last 40 seconds against Miami will haunt Virginia fans for some time to come.
Player of the day: Reggie Jackson, Boston College
Jackson is a stud, pure and simple. He scored 27 points to lead his Eagles over lowly Wake Forest. It was nice of Jackson to put the Deacs out of their misery.
Moment of the day: Durand Scott's steal and layup
This play with 13 seconds left in the tournament's first game concluded Miami's improbable last-minute comeback and forced overtime against Virginia.
- Wow, Virginia.
- Reggie Jackson is a baller.
- Maryland's Under Armour shoes are hideous.
- Sidney Lowe's red-jacket swag is gone (and probably his job, too).
- Paul Hewitt is likely out of a job too.
- Can't say I mind the Miami dance team sticking around for another day.