ACC Tournament: Saturday recap
Best team of the day: Duke
The Blue Devils took care of Virginia Tech in workman-like fashion to move on to the conference championship game. Nolan Smith showed why he was named ACC Player of the Year.
Worst team of the day: Virginia Tech
The Hokies had a chance to impress the selection committee by notching a second win over Duke, but they were never really in the game. Jeff Allen showed up big time with two points and five fouls.
Player of the day: Harrison Barnes, North Carolina
The freshman standout has been improving all season, and he poured in a career-high 40 points against Clemson to lead the Tar Heels to an overtime victory.
Moment of the day: Barnes' 3-pointer in overtime
Even after blowing a late lead, Clemson still had a chance to win the game the game in overtime. Barnes nailed a three off an offensive rebound to set the tone for the extra period.
Quote of the day: Clemson coach Brad Brownell on playing against North Carolina on a supposedly neutral court in Greensboro, N.C.
"I hope we can play them in a neutral court game in Greenville (S.C.)."
- The Virginia Tech band was chanting "Skeletor" at Kyle Singler. That's kind of funny. Here's a picture of Skeletor.
- The Rally Cats held it down in the absence of the Miami and Florida State dance teams.
- Clemson looked like an NCAA Tournament team today. Virginia Tech did not.
- Without Harrison Barnes and Nolan Smith, North Carolina and Duke would both be mediocre.
- Nolan Smith's toe injury was obviously a big problem for him today.