ACC Tournament: Friday recap
Best team of the day: Clemson
This is a no-brainer. The Tigers showed all confidence and no nerves in their dismantling of fellow bubble resident Boston College. They may have locked up an NCAA Tournament spot with the victory.
Worst team of the day: Miami
Oh how the tables can turn. Just a day after pulling a miraculous last-minute comeback, the Hurricanes surrendered one at the hands of North Carolina. The Hurricanes gave away a 19-point second half lead in the loss to the top-seeded Tar Heels.
Best player of the day: Kyle Singler, Duke
Singler scored 29 points on 10 of 15 shooting to lead the Blue Devils to a second-round victory over upset-minded Maryland.
Moment of the day: Zeller's game-winning layup
Would have given the edge to Florida State's Derwin Kitchen if his shot had counted, but Kendall Marshall's effort to find Tyler Zeller as time expired capped off a huge comeback for the Tar Heels.
- Every fan base is annoying as a group, but Duke fans are annoying individually. God, they are awful.
- There's apparently only one requirement for a spot on the Florida State dance team: Be a 10.
- Seth Greenberg is the luckiest coach in America.
- Roy Williams is a close second.
- Paul Hewitt got fired. Sidney Lowe will be next.